“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”Albert Pike
The Blackheath and Thornburgh College Foundation exists solely to support the work and goals of the College and help bring its long-term goals to fruition. The Foundation’s broad objective is to provide for the funding needs of the College over and above what is provided by school fees and government grants. We do this via fund-raising and the generous gifts the Foundation receives, and subsequently retaining and growing the funds. The Foundation also manages the Trust Funds that allow for tax deductibility for donors to them. The three Funds which attract tax deductibility for donors are:
- Building Fund
- Library Fund
- Scholarship Fund
Additionally, a Trust Fund provides for the College’s funding needs that fall outside what these three Funds are able to meet. Gifts to this Trust Fund, while not tax deductible, are essential to the completeness of support that is needed across all the College’s activities.
Collectively the four Funds underpin the short and long-term financial security and viability of the College with allocations from them to:
- the ongoing capital works projects in support of the College’s Strategic Plan;
- the provision and maintenance of world class educational facilities;
- the innovative use of the Libraries, Class Rooms, Laboratories, Boarding, Sport and Co-curricular Facilities for students and staff to excel; courses on innovative and continuous improvement by training staff in teaching methods including specialist activities such as the Arrowsmith Program;
- providing technical equipment, instruments, materials and items within subject areas on offer from languages and music, to science, technology, engineering and mathematics;
- scholarships and bursaries for students whose presence would add to the richness and diversity of the student body but whose family financial situations would otherwise prevent them from attending the College;
- Prizes and awards to encourage and nurture passion and excellence;
- and the day to day ongoing financial viability of the College’s business.
Please contact us using the form above if you would like to make a difference for a child with a donation or bequest; or if you would like to learn more about the benefits your philanthropy could provide to the College; or if you would like to become a member of the Foundation and be more closely involved with securing the short and long-term financial security and viability of the College.