Blackheath & Thornburgh College invites applications for our 2024 Scholarship Program.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 22 JULY 2023
To be eligible to be considered for a scholarship, students must make an online application which involves registering to attend the College for one of our on-site testing dates in 2023, in addition to submitting required documents to support their application.
To make an application under the 2024 Scholarship Program, please click on one of the applicable registration links below. Registration will incur an $88 cost to families. As part of the registration process, applicants will select a date to attend the College for scholarship testing, and they must also submit all supporting documentation outlined in both the scholarship criteria checklist and the individual scholarship category. All required documents must be supplied at the time of registration.
Testing Dates for 2024 Scholarships
Registrations for testing and all required supporting documents must be completed one week (7 days) prior to the advertised scholarship testing date. Testing will be held onsite at Blackheath & Thornburgh College on the following dates.
Click on your preferred testing date below.
Note: If you are unable to attend testing onsite, there may be an opportunity for families to arrange testing at alternative locations. This will be approved at the discretion of the College, and families will need to cover any associated costs and facilitate appropriate testing conditions. Please contact the College Registrar to discuss further.
Please take into account the following conditions before applying:
- BTC Scholarships are not transferable to another school or student.
- BTC Scholarships do not include any incidental expenses such as uniforms, textbooks, stationary, transport costs etc.
- Items of personal expenditure (for example, toiletries, casual clothes etc.) are not included in the Scholarship.
- All Scholarship recipients NOT currently enrolled in the School will be required to undertake the School’s enrolment process, including the completion of enrolment forms, payment of monies and submission of appropriate documentation.
- As per the Blackheath & Thornburgh College Scholarship Policy, no ‘Sibling Discount’ will apply to the applicant if granted a Scholarship.
- The Scholarship holder will be subject to all the rules and regulations of the College in the same way as are all other students. This extends to the School’s behaviour management policy and to the School’s right to dismiss the student if, in the School’s opinion, such action becomes necessary.
The continuation of the Scholarship will be contingent upon the student’s:
- Continued academic performance at a level deemed satisfactory by the Principal.
- Continued participation and involvement in the extra-curricular life of the School to the Principal’s satisfaction.
- Dress, bearing, manners and behaviour continuing to be of a high standard, and to the satisfaction of the Principal.
- Fees and other monies owing to the school or its agencies being paid promptly.
The school may terminate any Scholarship at any time, where in its opinion, the terms of the award are not being met.
Blackheath & Thornburgh College reserves the right not to award a Scholarship if, in its opinion, no applicant is worthy of the award.
Financial Hardship Assistance
Applications for financial hardship assistance are considered on a case-by-case basis and are subject to a formal application submitted to the Principal and are separate to the scholarship and bursary process. Offers for a supported enrolment (that is, one that has a % of tuition or boarding fees covered) are made at the discretion of the Principal. Any such offer is subject to vacancies being available following the consideration of all offers of enrolment for full fee-paying enrolments.